FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much cannabis can I legally possess?
Under the federal Cannabis Act, adults in BC who are 19 years of age or older can legally possess cannabis within certain limits. Individuals who have attained the legal age of possession in their province can legally possess the following:
- Up-to 30 grams of legal cannabis, dried, or the following equivalents:
- 150 grams of fresh cannabis
- 450 grams of edible product
- 2,100 grams of liquid product
- 7.5 grams of concentrates (solid or liquid)
- 30 cannabis plant seeds
Equivalents to dried cannabis
The Federal Government has developed the equivalent amounts for other cannabis products to identify what their possession limit would be.
Under the Act, one (1) gram of dried cannabis is equal to:
- 5 grams of fresh cannabis
- 15 grams of edible product
- 70 grams of liquid product
- 0.25 grams of concentrates (solid or liquid)
- 1 cannabis plant seed
How much cannabis can I purchase in a single transaction?
Purchases are limited to 30 grams of dried cannabis or the equivalent in cannabis oil and/or capsules per day. This is federally mandated and in line with the maximum amount of cannabis that can be carried by an individual in public in British Columbia.
What are terpenes?
Terpenes are highly aromatic compounds that determine the smell of many plants and herbs, such as rosemary and lavender, as well as cannabis. Terpenes may also offer various health benefits to the human body such as, pain relief, antibacterial properties, antifungal properties, anti-inflammatory properties and assistance with muscle spasms.
Are there limits for cannabis possession at home?
Under provincial and territorial rules, the amount of cannabis someone can possess at home is as follows:
- No Limits: Alberta, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, the Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Prince Edward Island
- British Columbia: 1,000 grams
- Nunavut and Quebec: 150 grams
- Saskatchewan and Yukon: No amount has been set.
My 510 vape is broken: what do I do?
Like most electronics, vape batteries and cartridges work best when cared for properly and occasionally need maintenance.
For information on common vape issues and returns, please see our vape troubleshooting guide